7/1/13

Monday Artwork: A Dabbler

And another blog series attempt.. I will "try" to start each week with a new artwork... Emphasis on try, you know me. I planned to do this series several weeks ago due to my Pony Brown obsession. I was just sidetracked a bit because of my resin class.

Anyway, for my first post I tried practicing what I learned in a watercolor class I took last year. I'm not quite satisfied with the results and I think I wasn't able to stretch my paper well. However, compared to my previous watercolor attempt, this is a HUGE improvement.

Must feather out some harsh edges....
On a different note, An online friend called me a dabbler (one not deeply engaged in or concerned with something.. source) recently and that I haven't been doing anything seriously for the longest time. Well, he may be right.
"Learning the basics of many arts but mastering none." - (Source)
It's true, I haven't mastered any art or craft from the long list of hobbies I tried. I didn't have anything to say when I was called a dabbler. Until recently I used to consider myself more of a "crafter" than an artist. Now I seriously think I'm more of a dabbler than an artist or a crafter =_= (See post for difference between a crafter and an artist).



Anyway, If I were to start being serious about an art hobby, which should I choose?

  1. Polymer Clay/ADC
  2. Resin
  3. Watercolor
  4. Acrylic
  5. Photography
  6. Nail Art
  7. Digital Art
  8. Markers
  9. Traditional Pencil Art
  10. Beading
  11. Crochet
  12. Needle Tatting

Oh geez, maybe it's time to get serious... but where's the fun in that?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment