8/30/11

Somewhere in Time

Today, for the first time in my life, I couldn't stand listening to my mother's favorite song. I remember her listening to the song "Somewhere in Time" a lot before she died. I always wanted to learn to play that song on the piano and I think it was the only reason I kept on playing the piano when I was younger but I never had the courage to open my sheet music and learn it.

When I was still young I couldn't accept her death and kept comparing her to the evil step mother who tried hard to copy my mother's looks (even her hair cut) and actions. I cry when I hear the song.

Today, I got an email from a YouTube subscription I had for a while, from someone who used to be dear to me. We had a fall out because of a petty misunderstanding about a guy she was dating, a guy she thought she loved. I would rather not narrate our conversation here out of respect, my last favor to her. She was playing my mother's song.

I admit I do have a grudge. I honestly speechless, I am unable to describe what I feel for someone who can drop  a friendship for a rebound guy.

It's been 2 years now, I've reached out, now I think it's time to let go.


No comments:

Post a Comment