8/28/11

My Miniature obsession

I just wanted to share the reason behind my fascination for miniatures, I've only, until recently, picked up my miniature hobby. It started out with my polymer clay jewelry hobby then it eventually evolved into miniatures.

I went on a clay hiatus a few months ago, this was due to my frustration about dollhouses and miniatures. I as much as I want to try and create my own miniatures, I don't have the tools and materials to make any, other than my polymer clay. I don't remember if I ever mentioned here about my art mantra.

As long as I have the right tools, I can do anything.

When I was younger, maybe 7 or 8, I remember looking at a Victorian doll house catalog. I would sit in my room all day hoping and wishing I could buy every single table and chair and bed and pillow I saw in that catalog.

I think wasn't as interested in the bedroom displays though, I totally LOVED the living room and dining room settings.

*sigh* I wish I kept that catalog.. but I'm a hoarder so I think I did... somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment