5/6/12

Battling Freckles: trying to hide them

Here we go again... Ekai vs. freckles round... erm... I lost count already. My freckles have lightened already since I started a skin care routine. I still have noticable freckles though. So I recently decided to look for a color corrector or a good concealer. I've visited Mac, Laura Mercier, Benefit, Bobbi Brown and Shu Uemura yesterday and tested out their concealers

I was totally amazed by Mac's cream concealer I love the coverage (and the sales attendant~) but my make up looked to heavy and my face got a little itchy and oily. It was the cheapest option from all the one's that I've tried.

The Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer palette was great, if not better than Mac's. Actually, I don't have any issue with the palette. It definitely did it's job concealing my blemishes perfectly but I wasn't really able to test it out on my freckles so I didn't buy it.



Benefit's lemon aid was amazing as well! I tested it on my knuckles which were reddish at that time and it toned down the redness on my hands. I didn't need it so, I didn't buy it.

Finally, I bought Shu Uemuras Pen White Efficient Pen 56. I didn't test it at all, I'm banking on the fact that I found their foundation perfect for my skin. Denmar, the super duper nice sale attendant at the Shu Uemura kiosk at Shang told me it's a good treatment for my freckles as well as a sheer concealer. I don't mind it being sheer since I don't really want to look like I have heavy make up, especially during summer or really humid days.

Yay for my first ever concealer!

Took a picture of this in case I forget.

I like the simple packaging.

I still have to figure out how to use this hehe

Freebies!! I love you Denmar!
For the record my concealer shades for Mac is NC30 and Laura Mercier is No. 4.

I can't wait to try my Pen 56 under my usual make up. It looks really white on my skin though. I'm hoping it isn't that way when I put on my foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment