9/28/10

Aspirin Mask and Milia

This month I was actively looking for a cure for my milia (I had a post about this before: link). I had a facial at VMV Hypoallergenics around 3 weeks ago and the girl who was taking care of me said that it would cost around 1,500 PHP ($32) to remove ONE bump... just ONE bump!!! (I'll never go back to that place again.. over priced services.. hmph!).

While I was reading about other people's experiences with milia, I wondered if a diamond peel could help. Some people said it did and one person said an Aspirin mask could help.

So, I was distracted from my search for a cure for my milia and spent the rest of my free time reading about Aspirin masks.

There was so many positive feedback about it so I bought myself a bottle of generic aspirin for 70 php ($ 1.50) for 100 tablets. As soon as I got home, I tested it on my skin. No allergies!!! I tried the aspirin mask on my face the following day and the day after (Friday and Saturday).

Results from other people and some comments from me ( used the mask only 2 times)

Pros:
- dries out acne (I think it did but my pimples heal fast)
-reduces redness (Can't really say at the moment)
-reduces size of pimples (Can't really say)
-shrinks pores (It did! I have smaller pores)
-Easy to make (Yes!)
-Inexpensive (I think the honey I used it more expensive than the aspirin itself)
-Makes skin smooth as a baby's bottom (100% YES, No exaggeration when they said "baby's bottom")
-exfoliates well (Yes!)


Cons:
-messy (If you mix it with honey it's not so messy)
-irritates skin at first (It didn't irritate my skin.. probably depends on your skin type)
-difficult to spread (I liked spreading the mask on my face)
-makes you sneeze (I didn't really sneeze)
-time consuming (Not really... I put one on before my date with my boyfriend)
- can be quite drying (yes to this one, BUT there's moisturizers~!)

Here's the mixtures I tried with my aspirin:
1. Aspirin and water (skin test)
2. Aspirin, water and a few drops of tea tree oil
3. Aspirin, water and honey

The best mixture is the third because it smelled yummy~! All three gave the same effect "Smooth as a baby's bottom" and the mixture with the tea tree oil made my face tingly.

The best benefit I got from this was:

It made my milia look flatter! Although I'm not sure if this is a good thing... right now, any change is a good change!

By the way, my usual skin care routine is just a facial wash from Garnier and the Yellow moisturizer from Garnier which I'm not really religious about.

3 comments:

  1. What about your milia nearly 4 years after your mask??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, it was just a temporary thing :( Also, I had my 'Millia' re-diagnosed and the doctor said I had syringoma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really well written article. i'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. keep it going and i'll keep coming back.

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete